Hi,

See my answer to your question on Stack Overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2662212/database-design-in-google-app-engine/2663049#2663049

In general, please refrain from cross-posting here and on SO, unless you've
posted to one and haven't received any satisfactory answers after a
reasonable interval.

-Nick Johnson

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 1:29 PM, gops <patelgo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi , i am designing a simple project based to do list. the idea is to
> define tasks under project ( no workflow - just "task is completed" or
> not is required. ) in a hirarchial way. i.e. each task has multiple
> task and that task may have other multiple task. a project can be said
> to be completed if all task under that project are completed. , i
> tought of using refrenceproeperty to create hirarchy , but could not
> figure out easy way ( which do not take more than 30 seconds to find
> all the children of a project and check weather it is completed or
> not ) . to detect if project is complete or not. how to design
> database for such job ? and also , if i need to copy the project in
> order to define another project , how to copy hierarchical data ?

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine Google Ireland Ltd. ::
Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047