I recently discovered that I had become a human cron-job: every night around
11:50pm PST I would log into the GAE dashboard, total the number of requests
in my app and store them in a spreadsheet so I could track load over time.

I've found no mention of a dashboard API, which leaves scraping the
HTML. This is non trivial because I have to deal with the Account login
page, which I expect goes out of it's way to make auto login's hard. I
thought about hard-coding the relevant cookies into the cron job, generating
new ones by manual login every time the existing ones fail. But it appears
the relevant cookies only last 24 hours, so I'm back to my nightly routine.

Is there another way to retrieve this info, and if not, are there plans for
such a mechanism? I've found an open issue:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=655&can=5&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Owner%20Summary%20Log%20Component#makechanges

Thanks,

Chris