Krishna: i see what you mean. so instead of querying for two lists you
do a prefixed self-join. i quickly test my version that queries two
lists that actually works fine, but i don't have a big test case yet.
coz anything bigger than thousand rows slows down in the dev server
even for simple query anyway, and i haven't had time to try that on
the production server yet. i reall don't need sorting, so i'm happy as
long as i could get "some of the results" safely and quickly

after reading your approach i was thinking, that it shoudlnt make a
difference querying the same list twice or two lists once. recalling
the zig-zag search in the "building scalable apps" talk, since both
versions mentioned above have two equality filters, it seems the query
will perform the same 'zig-zag' search, just on different values.

thanks much!