Hi Jeffrey,

You're quite right about the problems with the capabilities API during this
downtime. Unfortunately, a bug prevented it from working correctly this time
around, resulting in it incorrectly returning True for queries where it
should return False. We've tracked down the bug, and are working on fixing
it.

Our sincere apologies for the disruption caused.

-Nick Johnson

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Jeffrey Rosen <jef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The capabilities API is not returning as expected :(
>
> I set up my app to use the following code from:
>

> http://blog.notdot.net/2010/03/Handling-downtime-The-capabilities-API-and-testing
>
> More specifically
>
> datastore_write_enabled = capabilities.CapabilitySet('datastore_v3',
> capabilities=['write']).is_enabled()
>
> During this maintenance period, datastore_write_enabled is True
>
> If you guys could please set it to False (I can't deploy to fix it)
> that would be MUCH appreciated.
>
> I have already gotten hundreds of messages complaining that my
> promotion is busted (http://www.wolfire.com/humble)

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine Google Ireland Ltd. ::
Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047