1.  As Jeff said, the entities will all happily continue to exist with
no "age" value set, and no index entry for that property.
I've instituted a migration phase in my application rollouts where I
update default properties or re-save newly added indexed properties.
It shouldn't cause an error as long as you handle the window of time
where some entities do not yet have a value for a property.

2.  I don't believe it's possible to remove all limits.  I believe
there are still some hard rate limiting caps that are imposed by
Google, no matter how generous the budget.  If you can slice your
tasks and move around load via task queue or crons, that's one way to
handle it.

3.  Once you are SMS verified, it shouldn't happen again.  Each
account must be verified of course, but once done, it seems to be good
forever.