I've been seeing increased DeadlineExceededErrors, and suspecting that
it's an issue outside of my app but not sure.  I'm not sure if a three-
post thread of somewhat similar experiences proves anything or not;
when you refer to "the increasingly poor datastore performance" is
this something that's documented elsewhere and/or acknowledged by
Google?  I haven't been able to find anything so far indicating a bona
fide known issue, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.