There is an issue in the Java dev_appserver which causes this to
happen. I expect it will be fixed in the next release. The Python
dev_appserver does not exhibit this if that is an option for you to
test with.

Note that I recommend upgrading to the 1.3.4 final release, but that
should not have any effect on this issue.

--Matthew