I'm trying to make a determination if I should use app engine for a
project I'm starting.  I need to be able to take a user's username and
password to some banking information (think of this similar to
mint.com).  As I understand it, I need to do this on a HTTPS page and
one cannot serve an https page through appengine if you are using your
own domain.  Apparently this can only be done on app-id.appspot.com.

I read the faq about ssl & https here (http://code.google.com/
appengine/kb/general.html#httpsapps), but I don't quite understand
it.  What does it mean to redirect traffic through appspot?  Will that
page still show up as https for the user on my domain?  It would be
unacceptable to switch off of mydomain.com and onto app-id.appspot.com
for the https part.

Is it feasible to somehow make it appear that this is https on my
domain?

Thanks,
Phil