Jaroslav,

Yes you can save but if you call images.resize(imagebits, 100, 100) on
an image that is greater than 1 megabyte it will throw
"RequestTooLargeError: The request to API call images.Transform() was
too large.".

The majority of modern point and shoot cameras produce an image that
is too large to be scaled down with with images.resize