Hi there,
two quick questions:
- Are there any Google apps (like calendar, contacts etc.) running on
app engine?
- Are there any plans to let GData services participate in a
transaction?

Right now it's almost impossible to create idempotent tasks when using
certain GData services.
Example: When creating a contact I frequently get timeout exceptions
from the Google contact servers, so I have no clue whether a contact
has been created or not. When the task gets executed multiple times
(for whatever reason), I end up with duplicated contacts.