There is no MySQL on appengine. Nor can Appengine apps connect to an
externally hosted mysql database (eg amazon RDS)

But you might be able to create a mysql snub that emmulates the
functionality required from mysql with the datastore. You likly wont
get full mysql support (eg not all queries will be possible, in fact
very few) - but maybe enough for your applications?

Although maybe in the future
http://code.google.com/appengine/business/#features
AppEngine for Business promises Hosted SQL - no idea if it will be
MySQL or at least compatible with.