Hello all.
I'm wondering if i can implement smart card authentication in GAE.

I'm aware that i will have to use a *.appspot domain in order to use
SSL. I don't like this idea because GAE uses a generic certificate to
all apps in appspot and this could cause impersonification of my
website to a user that mistypes the url (like google or gooogle)...
but i will have to live with that.

My question is about certificate validation. After i receive the
certificate from the client i need to validate it in a Certificate
Authority. Is it possible to do this in GAE?

I'm asking because the URL fetch API says :"The proxy the URL Fetch
service uses cannot authenticate the host it is contacting. Because
there is no certificate trust chain, the proxy accepts all
certificates, including self-signed certificates. The proxy server
cannot detect "man in the middle" attacks between App Engine and the
remote host when using HTTPS."

So, will i be able to validade the entity of the CA i'm contacting and
thus the client certificate?

Or GAE will simply accept the certificate but i can't validate it?

Any opinion will be appreciated!
Tks!