On 2 July 2010 09:12, Zarko <eladza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can try and use V3 (does not require a key)...
> The problem is that it have a low free limit of 2,500 geolocation
> requests per day (server initiated).

The quota changed for V2 too I beleive. (besides can use v2 or v3 of
the geocoding api independant of the mapping api version)

> And a premiere key cost like a new sports car : /
>
> Furthermore, from app engine you can't know if you will get this too.
> In a previous tread somebody told me that you share your quota with
> others app...
> Is this true ?!

If you do it server side. The rate limiting is via IP address (even in
v2), which via AppEngine's URLFetch is shared.
So do geocoding client side, and then it uses the users quota :)

>From time to time the AppEngine IPs get whitelisted by the Maps Team,
but that breaks sometimes (persumably when AppEngine moves to a new
data-center)