As far as I know this is not possible. To have a beta or test version
of your app it is better to create a new application.
It's especially a good practice since otherwise your production and
your beta versions are going to share the same datastore which is not
a good thing.
Depending on changes you made to your beta they will apply to the
prod's data which might not be able to handle them.
Plus if you do testing with your beta you'll need test datasets and
you don't want to mess with your prod

HTH