I spend 95% pf my time writing Java, so messing with CSS and HTML is
still rather painful for me.

I have a simple app.  I am trying to set the HTML page back ground
image, and getting no love from GWT.  At best I have succeeded in
getting the image to display, until the app updates, and the app
repaint overwrites the background image.

How do I set the app's background image?
How do I restrict foreground objects to only take the space they
need?  (Thereby avoiding blank/empty section of the screen)

Thanx in advance.