Imagine the following models:

class Parent(db.Model):
    name = db.StringProperty()
    count = db.IntegerProperty()

class Child(db.Model):
    number = db.IntegerProperty()
    value = db.StringProperty()

Whenever a new Child is added, it is added with a Parent as its parent
entity in a transaction which also updates some values on the Parent.

My question is this: To get a list of children that belongs to a
Parent, is it more efficient to add a ReferenceProperty to the Child
model and filter by that, than it is to use the ancestor filter in
queries?

To clarify in code:

# Using ancestor
Child.all().ancestor(parent_key).fetch(10)
# Using filter on a new ReferenceProperty called 'my_parent'
Child.all().filter('my_parent', parent_key).fetch(10)