The dev_appserver is single-threaded, and can only handle one request
at a time.  I'm not sure I understand why you want an handler that
sleeps for 10 seconds; you can certainly test AJAX pages, they'll just
run more slowly on the dev server than they'd be able to in
production, assuming the production environment has enough instances
running to handle multiple requests simultaneously.