On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Nick Johnson (Google) <
nick.john...@google.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I should've been clearer. There are cases when users reach these
> limits accidentally or because of poorly written code. In those cases,
> instead of increasing the limit, we work with the user to improve their app
> so it's not necessary.
>
> -Nick Johnson

 That is so true.
Bad code is just too common these days and it is a sad sight *1

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Harshal <p.hars...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or try to port s...@home client to GAE, and use task queue to process
> data. Burn Google CPU hours for the sake of finding aliens! :)
>
> Just wondering if one really wants to run something like that, how would
> you proceed implementing it? I know step one, write to Nick to increase the
> quota :D

Don't need that,

First implement the s...@home algorithm in python or java,
then write a BOINC task fetcher in the same language,
store the jobs in the blobstore, run them for a bit, regularly save process
to memcache, save process to datastore from time to time. trigger
continuation with the task queue.
Add a cron kickstarter, just in case.

Then you call google for increase.

*1: My second programing language was actually assembly for Atmel's AVR, but
i never leaned to use RAM (only the registers) so i learned a thing or two
about sleek code. ;)

----------Desktop Browser--------
Christoffer Viken / CVi

i=0