I have the Python SDK v1.3.5 installed.  In the SDK, when I click
Deploy with my app selected, it asks for an email and password, and
then gives the following messages:

2010-08-10 22:59:23,584 WARNING appengine_rpc.py:399 ssl module not
found.
Without the ssl module, the identity of the remote host cannot be
verified, and
connections may NOT be secure. To fix this, please install the ssl
module from
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ssl .
To learn more, see http://code.google.com/appengine/kb/general.html#rpcssl
.
Password for <email>: Error 404: --- begin server output ---
This application does not exist (app_id=u'<appid>').
--- end server output ---
2010-08-10 22:59:28 (Process exited with code 1)

So I downloaded the ssl module, and tried to install it with ...
        python setup.py install
... and that gave the following error:

error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
setup.py.

(I have VS 2005 Express and VS6 installed, but not 2003)

So then I though I'd create the app in the dashboard, and see if I
could upload stuff via that, but it wants to send an SMS to my
mobile.  I discontinued my mobile last month, because, being now
retired and living on my own, I haven't used it in months, perhaps
even years.

Frankly, what a f**king frustrating mess!

How can I deploy my app?