Hi all,

I've been working on an App Engine Profiler (http://code.google.com/p/
appengine-profiler/) and noticed a discrepancy between the reported
CPU usage by the Quota API and the App Engine Logs.

I expected it that due to internal processes, the App Engine may
report more CPU usage than we see by the Quota API. For example, if a
new instance was started, this cost CPU resources and they are not
accounted in the Quota API withing the request.

However, I'm seeing the opposite issue here - more CPU usage is
reported by the Quota API, and the App Engine Logs show less. For
example, I get the CPU usage at the very beginning by
google.appengine.api.quota.get_request_cpu_usage(), then do the same
at the very end, and get the actual CPU usage in milliseconds by
google.appengine.api.quota.megacycles_to_cpu_seconds(last_value -
first_value). A request just shown 5656cpu_ms in the App Engine Logs
interface, and 6184.17 calculated by the Quota API functions.

Is there any logical explanation of this? The
megacycles_to_cpu_seconds() failed?
Some other internal secret of App Engine? :)

Thanks.
Cheers.