here's a decent example of how to use C# to authenticate using Google
ClientLogin. There enough code in there to see how you would GET/POST
against HTTP endpoints as well
http://dalelane.co.uk/blog/?p=894

we use C# (but any language would do) for our client libraries and
bulkloader and its been working great

cheers
brian