Looking For: A “demo” web web-based application that uses web services

Greetings – I am using GAE to experiment with various software
techniques to capture and analyze the messages being exchanged between
web services, web services that together would form a cloud hosted web
application. One of the initial steps is locating a “demo” application
to actually experiment against, one that actually consists of and uses
a multitude of web services.

Well, finding such has turned out to be harder than I expected. After
searching numerous places (including here) the initial candidate
applications I found did not pan out – each either uses callbacks
(such as into Python / GAE libraries) instead of web service
invocations, or the source code was not available.

I am seeking recommendations for a web services “demonstration”
application:
-    That consists of and invokes a multitude of web services (SOAP or
REST – or JSON??)
-    Has source code available, the “main” application as well invoked
web services (so I can tweak the code to instrument the messages being
passed around)
-    Runs on an available hosting service / engine (such as GAE)

I would prefer (but do not require) Python as the programming language
since I have spent the last month learning it, and using it on GAE.

Thanks from this newbie for your contribution!

Steve