Me too, I want to sign jar files.   I tried to import these manually,
the sun.security classes depend on various other sun.security classes
and eventually I ended up importing most of sun.security and they
themselves depended on various other classes in com.sun.* sun.*
java.net.* java.net.ssl.* javax.naming.* java.io.File* java.security.*
javax.security.* none of which are on the whitelist.  I could end up
importing the whole jre by the end of it.

Porting anything into appengine looks tricky because of the whitelist,
it's more for creating new apps from scratch.

The way I'm going to get around it is to run my own server somewhere
else and send requests from appengine to it, I guess that goes for
anything else you don't like about appengine.