There are not regular static files. They are generated and re-
generated by GWT compiler.

Every time I hear Google talking about GAE and GWT they position the
products as a seamless and efficient developer-friendly solution.

Having to host the auto-generated code some place else is an awkward
hack that runs counter to Google's official marketing pitch. I'd
rather prefer them to do what they say and provide a natural solution
to the problem.

Kind regards,
Borys