I have a question about Brett Slatkin's talk at I/O 2010 on data
pipelines. The question is about slide #67 of his pdf, corresponding
to minute 51:30 of his talk
http://code.google.com/events/io/2010/sessions/high-throughput-data-pipelines-appengine.html

I am wondering what is supposed to happen in the transactional task
(bullet point 2c). Would these updates to the materialized view cause
you to write too frequently to the entity group containing the
materialized view?

And a related question, what happens if there is a failure just after
the transaction in bullet #2, but right before the named task gets
inserted in bullet #3. In my current implementation I just left out
the transactional task (bullet point 2c) but I think that causes me to
lose the eventual consistency.

Thanks!
-Ben