I am quite confident your problem has nothing to do with app engine.
Your robots.txt looks fine to me.
As you also mention there can be some legitimate reasons that Google
can visit a page excluded by robots.txt
/datasource/  can be an html page or any other resource for that
matter as far a browser is concerned.
My small piece of advice :  sign in for G webmasters tools and submit
a sitemap.xml, then use webmasters tools to see what is going on with
your site's indexing and all seo related issues hm.. I have seen you
have already submitted the site.
By the way you have left DEBUG=True in your production server.
hope all this helped ;-)