> I would
> not recommend just the memcache as it will/could eventually get
> flushed.
Very true, you're right. I hadn't thought about it being flushed.

> Most people would probably just hard code it on the App
> Engine server code.  It might be a little more secure or closer to
> Authorize.net's idea if it's stored in the datastore.  (which is more
> secure in GAE, the code or datastore data?)
Good question, "which is more secure, the app code that runs on gae or
the datastore"? Can someone from Google answer this, please?

> I think you could just
> create a simple entity in the datastore with server code you run once
> and remove
You mean by redeploying the app without that code?

> or maybe directly from the admin panel
I like this approach, assuming that the datastore is secure. I hadn't
realized you could create an entity from the admin panel.

Thank you for you insightful comments.