Have you tried adding (modify to suit your own path):
-javaagent:/usr/local/java/appengine-java-sdk/lib/agent/appengine-
agent.jar

Apparently you can have two java agents at the same time.

I have this in my JRebel launcher, but maybe it's legacy from my JDO
days. I don't use GWT, so I cannot help you there :/