The Appengine team have earned a lot of respect in my eyes for a)
listening, and  b) reacting so quickly. One of the few downsides to
cloud services is that is easy for the provider to steamroller their
agenda through your objections by arguing it is good for other
anonymous customers. I shudder to think how this issue would have
played out with Azure.

So good on you - I know this will have been a huge PITA but your
response confirms again that we made the right decision in choosing
the Appengine platform.

Cheers!
Greg.