Thanks for the info Demis, I alway like listening to Douglas
Crockford.  I also checked out
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/video.php?v=glass-node.
Very interesting stuff, I can definitely see using it in the future.
In particular using JavaScript as the templating engine seems really
powerful.  So you've changed my mind.  However since I'm still worried
about the "plethora" part of "...plethora of well-tested JavaScript
frameworks and libraries available...", I'll say that if node.js,
YUI3, and JSLint are defined as best practices -- I'm on board --
server-side JavaScript all the way.

- John