Hi Eric,

This is a classic 'exploding' index. With 10 elements in the list, this
index will try to generate 10*9*8*7*6 = 30,240 index entries - far above the
limit. It's not possible to build this index. Consider restructuring your
data, or using merge join queries.

-Nick Johnson

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Eric Ka Ka Ng <ngk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to build an index for the following entity
>
> Class entityA (db.Model):
>     X db.StringListProperty()
>     Y db.IntegerProperty()
>     Z db.IntegerProperty()
>

> in index.yaml
>
> - kind: entityA
>
>   properties:
>
>   - name: Y
>
>   - name: X
>
>   - name: X
>
>   - name: X
>
>   - name: X
>
>   - name: X
>
>   - name: Z
>
>     direction: desc
>

> but the index cannot be built and is always resulted in Error State
>

> Thx now we can vaccum the 'error' index now without being stuck in the
> "building" state and have to send emails to G to ask to mark the index as
> 'Error'
>

> But I have tried several times to vaccum the index, then re-build, but
> always fail
>

> May i know why it keeps in failing? The StringList property X usually
> contains 5-10 strings.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Eric

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine Google Ireland Ltd. ::
Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047