I think there has been some confusion here.

If you have already signed up with Appengine and thus have an Appengine
account under which you created an Appengine application.. then you do not
need to sign up for yet another Appengine account.

You just need to log into Appengine here:

https://appengine.google.com/

and then click on the "Create Application" button.

The error message was telling you that your number "has already been used to
confirm an account"