I'm now wondering if I'm missing something.  I tried using the regex
groups in the webapp.WSGIApplication call, but after a couple of times
getting argument/parameter mismatches I gave up on that.  I decided
that it was much easier and cleaner to do the url path parsing using
python regex within the "get/post" functions, and just use the
WSGIApplication call for doing the handler selection.  Are there best
practice / rules for this?

John