On Oct 21, 8:43 am, MasterGaurav <gaurav.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have put up an updated Unzippper servlet to serve static files
> (actually based
> onhttp://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=161#c68)...
> just in case you are looking for a solution.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=161#c88
>
> My addendum:
>   - Respond with a 304 in case of "If-Modified-Since".

I don't think this will work:

    if(req.getHeader("If-Modified-Since") != null)
    {
        resp.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_NOT_MODIFIED);
        return;
    }

If the contents of the zipfile are updated, and the client sends an if-
modified-since header, you will respond with a 304 not modified
response and the client will show stale content.

You need to parse the data supplied with the if-modified-since header
and compare it to the last modified time of the file within the
zipfile, or at least to the zipfile as a whole.