I like keeping my functionality separate.  I currently use:

GAE  -- for deployment
SVN  -- for version control and archiving
Dropbox -- for automatic file backups and file sharing.  (In fact my
whole personal source tree is in a Dropbox folder.)

I agree with the others.  Using GAE for the other functionality IMHO
is asking for trouble and confusion.

John