You must use the control module from the mapreduce module
One line in the doc tells you to chain MR tasks use a done callback
and start a new one with the control submodule.
Use this method to start a task from inside a cron handler
Have a look at mapreduce/control.py and the test code for control.py

from mapreduce import control as mr_control

class MRCronHandler(webapp.RequestHandler):
  def get(self):
    mr_control.start_map(
      "Name of the task",
      "mymr.sometask",
      "mapreduce.input_readers.DatastoreInputReader",
      {"entity_kind": "models.SomeModel",
      },
      mapreduce_parameters={"done_callback": "/mr-end-task"},
    )
    self.response.headers['Content-Type'] = 'text/plain'
    self.response.out.write('MR Cron Started')