Hi all,

I'm wondering, since the datastore is hierarchical, does the number of
children an entity has affect the performance on querying on the
parents themselves? For example, if I have a set of parents, say...

Jane
Margaret
Graham
Arthur

...and I have a set of children associated with those parents...

Jane
-Sam
-Robert
Margaret
-Lisa
Graham
Arthur
-Rowen
-Jerry

...will the number of children for each parent affect the performance
of querying the parents themselves? For instance, if I wanted to select
all of the parents (SELECT * FROM parents), that would be easy with the
data above. But, since the datastore is hierarchical, does the
performance get hampered if say the parents have many thousands or even
millions of children? Say, like...

Jane
-Sam
-Robert
...1 million more
Margaret

If so, I'm just wondering if it would make more sense to make the
children root entities too, so as not to affect the performance of
querying on the parents. Anyways, hope I've explained my question well
enough.

Thanks in advance!

Charles