I'd like to have a port of Channel API for ActionScript.
If it uses XMPP under the hood, then it should be pretty
simple to emulate as there are ready to use XMPP
libraries. Maybe Google should release the underlying
protocol specification?

Currently i'm using polling from my flash app, and it
eats around 30% of my CPU quota.