Should have asked what language you are using (Java or  Python) as well as
if you are using jdo/jpa etc.

The entity type you are querying - myPackage.HospitalData - is the
'myPackage' part a package name? If so, why? The datastore doesn't know
about packages, it only knows about Entity types which are named.

When you go into either production or dev console can you see the entities
you are querying for? The name they are listed under is their entity type
and that is the name you should use in your queries.

Google's datastore docs are very good & provide a lot of information about
querying & indexes.

If you are using JPA/JDO (that's assuming you are using Java) along with
datanucleus may I suggest you don't because the datastore is not SQL which
these 2 technologies are really geared towards and only serve IMO at least
to confuse the issue. Look into replacing it with a datastore centric ORM. I
personally use Objectify & I swear by it.

Jeff

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Rmac <rony...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nope, that throws a different error:  Identifier expected at character
> 1 in "*"
>
> On Nov 9, 10:43 am, Jeff Schwartz <jefftschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Try:
> >
> > select * from HospitalData where Version = '1' order by Hospital_Name asc
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Rmac <rony...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks Jeff... here you go...
> >
> > > *The string query supplied to the Query: *
> >
> > > select from myPackage.HospitalData where Version == '1' order by
> Hospital_Name asc
> >
> > > *The GAE response:*
> > > no matching index found..      <datastore-index kind="HospitalData"
> ancestor="false" source="manual">
> > >         <property name="Version" direction="asc"/>
> > >         <property name="Hospital_Name" direction="asc"/>
> > >     </datastore-index>
> >
> > > *Those entries are in the datastore-indexes.xml file and show up on the
> admin console as below:*
> > > HospitalData
> > > Version ▲,Hospital_Name▲,City▲,State▲,ZIP_Code▲,Hospital_Type▲
> >
> > > If I leave off the "where Version == '1'" the query works (or if I use
> Hospital_Name in the where instead).  Currently, all entities have a
> property value of 1 for Version.  This shouldn't be so difficult to figure
> out for a simple example like this!
> >
> > > Thanks for any feedback.
> >
> > >  --
> <google-appengine%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com<google-appengine%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>