Hi Terry,

I have something similar to that, let me explain you just in case.
I have an application deployed on GAE that I can configure from any
place in the internet, as many proxies and firewalls are open to
"appspot.com". This is the case for my office.
The application let me store URLs for places that I cannot access from
my office (for instance, the URL of a site I own).
Then a cron job will fetch those URLs for me from the appspot.com
domain, that is outside my company's firewall and proxy, anf then will
store the fetched html, that I can later check.
The problem with this approach is that you cannot navigate from page
to page from your browser, just retrieve data every minute or so, and
you cannot do "transactions". For that you would need a proxy as
Geoffrey told you.