Dear 风笑雪

Thank you for your comment.

It's failing to find the request page because I've commented out the
url: /_ah/queue/deferred line in my app.yaml.

However, it's not just old tasks re-running: new tasks are being
created.

Is there any way I can stop these tasks being generated?  As far as I
can tell, there's nothing in my code which is generating them.

I "purge" the task queue, deleting all the tasks, and the queue just
fills up again.

I don't know what is creating these tasks or sending them to the
queue.  Can anyone advise how I can find out?

With thanks and best wishes

Ivan