Hi there,

I have gone through that tutorial, but as I mentioned i did miss the
key points, so right now I'm brushing up on python and am just
starting off with using python in conjuction with app engine.

Resources I've found helpful so far (I left out the ones that could
have been better):

For Python (my first port of call in this mission and all very good)

Learn Python the Hard Way
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/
http://diveintopython.org/ -
Python for Software design by Allen Downey

For google apps

Oreilly - Programming Google Apps Engine (just working through this
now)
As soon as I've been through this book I'll have a look at the google
apps getting started guide and docs again.