I have been trying to track down a 1% daily failure rate of requests
and I think I narrowed it down.  Currently when it does fail, it gives
an HTTP 500 error and it takes 10-12 seconds for the duration of the
request.  It happens on many urls so it isn't unique to any one
particular action.  I found a stack trace in one of the errors as you
see below.  It shows that my code was trying to add a task to the task
queue when it gave an error just after 10 seconds.  Does anyone know
what this "TransientFailureException: Unknown" means"  What is it
waiting for?  I see the "makeSyncCall" method, I'm assuming that
blocks for 10 seconds and gives up throwing this exception.  Is that
correct?  Is there someone that can track down why it can't add tasks?

Thanks,
David
app: word-play

Stack:
com.google.appengine.api.labs.taskqueue.TransientFailureException:
Unknown
        at
com.google.appengine.api.labs.taskqueue.QueueApiHelper.translateError(QueueApiHelper.java:
58)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.labs.taskqueue.QueueApiHelper.translateError(QueueApiHelper.java:
111)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.labs.taskqueue.QueueApiHelper.makeSyncCall(QueueApiHelper.java:
32)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.labs.taskqueue.QueueImpl.add(QueueImpl.java:
312)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.labs.taskqueue.QueueImpl.add(QueueImpl.java:
284)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.labs.taskqueue.QueueImpl.add(QueueImpl.java:
269)