When you use the development server from the SKD, it stores your local
datastore in a temp file that will get flushed when you restart your
system (at least on OSX it does).  Add this flag "--datastore_path=/
path_to_your_datastore.datastore" when you launch your development
server to create a persistent file for your data.

Hope that helps.