On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Uri Lukach <uluk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Robert & wim,
> I just make checked it with nslookup command and saw that the DNS is updated
> a small tip for other members, The command itself will not work unless you
> will add the following (after issuing nslookup):
> set  querytype=CNAME
> www.testapp.com
> in my case I got the following:
> Server:  UnKnown
> Address:  192.168.2.1
> Non-authoritative answer:
> www.testapp.com  canonical name = ghs.google.com.testapp.com

Here's your problem, it's a common mistake that everyone makes at
least once. You see how the CNAME is actually pointing to
ghs.google.com.testapp.com where it should point to ghs.google.com?
This is because you need to have an extra dot at the end of the domain
name when you set your CNAME entry. So instead of ghs.google.com you
set the CNAME to point to ghs.google.com.

Why you need the extra dot is fun to learn, but if you just want to
get things working try adding it and when the change has propagated
you should be good to go.

Regards,
Martin Melin