> It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to add, however, but there are no
> immediate plans to do this soon. I talked to Fred and this seems like
> something he'd patch in if someone builds an implementation ... !

The Filter implementation discussed here [1] would include this
feature by default (it is discussed as an extension point to provide
your own prepared Query).

I am just waiting for 1.4.0 to be official before working on it. The
feature is easy to implement, but I don't have a clear idea about how
to calculate the new splitting points.

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/fa523acc75782ff/9ed36670fc5f0f60