Jeff, I interpreted the meat of his question to be related to advanced
queries.  As such I was just pointing him to the two areas of documentation
that spell out how these queries worked (which also has an example of
withLimit).  You had already answered his question with a valid response, so
I was just providing the more info.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Jeff Schwartz <jefftschwa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Odd but I don't see him needing either cursors or 2 indexes to achieve his
> required result and it doesn't even need a filter condition. IMO it just
> requires a descending ordering with a limit of 1.
>
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Erick Fleming <efleming...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> In Java you can use Query cursors to [1] limit your results.  As far as
>> aggregate functions (like MIN and MAX) you can use [2] indexes to achieve
>> the similar result (ie. order by age and get the top result)
>>
>> [1]
>> http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/queriesandindexes.html#Query_Cursors
>> <http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/queriesandindexes.html#Query_Cursors>
>> [2]
>> http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/queriesandindexes.html#Introducing_Indexes
>> <http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/queriesandindexes.html#Introducing_Indexes>
>> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Jeff Schwartz
>> <jefftschwa...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Conceptually they are tables, but not in the same sense as SQL tables.
>>> They are more like a hash map and if you think of them in those terms you
>>> will be better served.
>>>
>>> Are you coding in Python or Java. If you are coding in Java then here's
>>> an example:
>>>
>>> query(Some.class).order('age').limit(1).get()

>>> --
>>> *Jeff Schwartz*
>>>

>>>  --
>>>

>> --