The purpose of warmup requests is to give your app the opportunity to load
all the libraries it needs and do any other initialization work required,
before it serves user-facing requests. If you have a catchall handler, then
serving a 404 is probably doing that, but having a do-nothing handler is
probably a better idea, and ensures the request hits the whole app pipeline.

-Nick Johnson

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Will <vocalster....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, thanks.
>
> I can live with the log, as long as doing nothing serves the purpose. I
> prefer less code unless it's absolutely necessary.
>
> Best,
>
> Will
>

> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 10:25 AM, 风笑雪 <kea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You'd better implement it if you don't want to see it logged as an
>> error in your dashboard.
>>
>> However, the implementation can be empty:
>>
>> class WarmupHandler(RequestHandler):
>>        def get(self):
>>                pass # or log it by: logging.info('Warmup Request')

>  --

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number:
368047