yes, incredible savings.  Need to include a version number or hash tag
in the URL
   to ensure that new versions get pushed in sync.  An example:
http://bbfdirect.com/

I'm working on the next level, which is enable cache-control for the
HTML itself,
   i.e. render the page and then make AJAX calls to fetch the dynamic
content,
   and detect out-of-date HTML using the AJAX calls.  My lead eng
thinks I'm
   psycho and I probably am.  We're starting with cache-control:
private on that
   stuff, but if I can resolve the issues with proxies serving cached
data during
   javascript:window.reload(true), then we'll go public FTW.

wish me luck (we went live with the private version yesterday),
adam