I think this was also asked/answered over in the python group, but I'll post
here too for the sake of completeness:

1. Token expires two hours from when you call create_channel. So if you
wanted to store it server side, you could also store a time stamp. Note that
the expiration's accuracy is on the order of seconds, not clock cycles, so
don't worry about trying to get an exact timestamp match.

2. Notification of client connect/disconnect is in the works, but not
available right now.